Dear Students, Staff and Parents :
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! Our commitment at G D Goenka Public School , Kashipur is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is the contribution of our students to our school community that makes G D Goenka an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers :
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students :
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I am honored to serve as your principal.
G D GoenkaPublic School, Kashipur